Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Vizio P552uI-B2 that I purchased about 8 months

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Vizio P552uI-B2 that I purchased about 8 months ago. Upon first turn on the picture was very unnatural and I was ready to return it until I found an article on Cnet about how to calibrate it properly. Upon doing so the picture was and has been perfect. Last week, I turned on the TV and had a message that the firmware had been updated. The picture went back to the very unnatural image again but now I can't find the proper calibration for it. The setting that were used before do not work to resolve the issue. Do you have the current calibration values available from as early as last week?
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Have you accessed the advanced picture settings in your picture menu?If so, what are the settings you have highlighted in this picture ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you follow this link you'll see what was done on the older firmware values. Since the firmware upgrade last week those values don't work any more. Very unrealistic picture at this point.
http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/vizio-p55ui-b2-and-p65ui-b2-picture-settings-629118/
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting the same settings as I sent you regarding the clear motion being turned off. That usually corrects the issue. The rest are color brightness settings. Is that where it looks unnatural?