Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How can I adjust horizontal gain on this TV?

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
You want to make your picture WIDER? Or are you attempting to align the red/green/blue picture to each other? It's all done together - Width, Vertical height, and convergence (red/green/blue alignment. And you really can't force the TV outside of the standards set by Hitachi. You can't make the picture wider without misaligning the convergence, and that would ruin your MAGIC FOCUS settings. Lose those and you'll never get the Convergence straight. Post a picture of your TV screen showing the problem you have, and I'll see what needs to be done to fix it, ok?You can use IMGUR or you can add that picture using the paperclip button above your response box if you have that.