Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Vizio TV (mod E420i-B0) is connected up to Directv. When

Customer Question

My Vizio TV (mod E420i-B0) is connected up to Directv. When I turn on the system the Directv receiver comes on but the TV will come on and then the screen goes blank. I have talked with Directv and they say their system is up and working and suggested I contact you. I an able to use my VCR and the TV works. Can you tell me is there anything that may not be working on the TV side of my system. ....Harvey
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Harvey. To confirm, when you turn on the tv, the vizio logo shows initially, tv comes on, and then your'e able to watch a vcr/tape, but on the directv input you only get a blank screen?Do you still get sound from directv?