Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a toshiba sd-560sr dvd player is this compatible with

Customer Question

i have a toshiba sd-560sr dvd player is this compatible with a phillips 42 hdtv lcd made in 2010. i get no picture using component connection sound only.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, have you tried pressing on the original remote's PROGRESSIVE button ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes no change , also ican't see the screen menu so i dont know if pressing that button is actually changing i to p and vice versa i assume so
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Have you checked/replace the component cables particularly for the green jacks?
Or tried composite; i.e. yellow to yellow (Philips VIDEO1 or VIDEO 2) ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please cancel phone call
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
I understand though my participation is strictly limited to installation, technical and repair issues.
For payments & billing concerns including cancellations, please contact Customer Support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with all the new codes and compatibility issues with devices sometimes not recognizing each other , i wanted to eliminate that possibility but you have not given me that answer
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Except for PAL/NTSC and Progressive/Interlace settings, there are no "...new codes and compatibility issues with devices..." for analog connections of either composite or component.
Basically, the above are merely trying to ferret out more on "...What have you tried so far?: checked for secure connections tv set on component line in..." An answer would only be as good as the information provided; or just as lacking.
Perhaps another member could provide an alternate approach to your concern. The question would be re-opened as I would rather opt out.
Still, good luck with the connections.
This is not an Info Request.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks that helps me.