Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I purchased a Pioneer PDP-5050 50" HD Plasma TV July 2005.

Customer Question

I purchased a Pioneer PDP-5050 50" HD Plasma TV July 2005. Yesterday I attempted to turn it on and cannot get it to turn on. It will not move from the standby mode. I have tried several things like turning off the power but nothing works. Any ideas?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
How long have you owned the set for?
Were there any storms or surges prior to this happening?
Also, what is the status of the power light on the TV (blinking- lit steady- what color, etc.)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As previously stated, I purchased the TV 7/2005.there weren't any storms or power surges prior to this event. The TV power light is a solid red indicating it's in the power saving mode.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. You should have a media receiver box with the tv as well, can you tell me what lights you see on it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For some reason the system won't allow me to enter my phone number. It's(###) ###-#### ***** call me.
Ron Gillaspie
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The system won't allow it because such personal info is blocked and cannot be posted here.We can talk by phone, but you have to accept the phone support offer I've just sent, and at that point we can securely exchange contact info.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not working for me. Please cancel this request.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I am an independent technician and I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services. I have no billing or account access. If you wish to cancel you may contact customer service to request a refund. Best of luck to you.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome.Note: I can't do anything else for you at this point. I'm obligated to reply back each time you do.If you wish to cancel you may contact customer service to request a refund.