Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Trying to connect Samsung HW-HM45c soundbar to my Panasonic

Customer Question

Trying to connect Samsung HW-HM45c soundbar to my Panasonic LED TV model #TC-P65VT25 and have no sound on TV while soundbar is on.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. What connection method did you use?Are you saying that if the soundbar is on, you get no sound at all from anywhere?Or with soundbar powered on the audio comes through the soundbar and none from tv speakers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The audio comes through the TV only when the soundbar is off. When it is on, there is no sound at all.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What connection method did you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HDMI cables. If the soundbar is turned on, the volume mutes.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Are there times you actually want to use the tv speakers?Typically you disable tv speakers completely, and use the soundbar only.You can set it to do both, but that tends to cause unwanted conflicts. The issue with not getting sound with soundbar off is most likely from a hdmi control setting.I would recommend you disable the panasonic speakers entirely, set the audio mode to theater/external, and leave it that way. You can even leave the soundbar powered on at all times, as it won't produce any sound if the tv isn't on to feed signal to it, so it wont' cause any harm.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you give directions on how to disable panasonic TV internal speakers?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Go into Panasonic menu and look under viera link. There you should see an audio/speaker out setting. Choose external/theater (not internal/TV speakers)