Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Panasonic TH 42PX20 TV. When I push the power button

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH 42PX20 TV. When I push the power button on, the red light stays on for about 10 seconds, and the screen will show a picture. Then, the power light starts flashing and the picture disappears. Do you have solution for this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Is the power-light blinking and pausing ?or is it continuous ?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Continuous
I do not use just-answers phone call facility its not beneficial to this kind of troubleshooting.
OK if its continuos then the main-board is crashing do you think you can replace this board yourself?its a plug in board , I will provide more details
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it require opening the back?
Yes it does the back of the set will need to come off its a procedure then of getting the board out and replacing it .
If you cant do this yourself you will need a tech www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thx
If you can use small tools like screwdrivers you will be OK
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Let me know if you need more info
Regards
Anthony
Hello
I would be interested to know if you require any more help with this please?
Let me know thank you
Hopefully my service has been of some use to warrant a positive rating there will be a rating bar with this post, just to note this same service in a shop would cost $100
Anthony