Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a 21" Sylvania "Limited Edition" that is stuck in standby

Customer Question

I have a 21" Sylvania "Limited Edition" that is stuck in standby mode. I have unplugged it and tried jjust about everything but it remains on "standby". Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here. I would rather you give me some idea of the solution rather than spend $18.00 on a phone call when I have heard that it's likely that the TV is dead.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello .
Looking at your opening post it does look like the tv will need repairs indeed , not sure about dead though , that's up to you.
I mean that I would not take it to a repair shop but if you were to work on this yourself then the parts are pretty cheap for this tv.
Just give me your TV's serial number prefix like DS1 ,DS2,DS3.... etc. and I`ll know which chassis you have and where to get the parts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DS1A1018123697
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then , I cannot be there with tools and meters but from what I get here , I give the $11 board at the link below a 90% chance of success , click this link ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/sylvania-a0171mma-001-digital-main-cba.htm If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .