Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My remote won't turn on direct tv

Customer Question

my remote won't turn on direct tv
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note this please;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).
That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here. My Harmony remote won't turn on DirecTV been trying for over four hours
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then your opening post did not say anything about a Logitech remote or any type of remote etc. so I mainly wanted to get some info .I`m sure this will help to get a response from the online techs . I will opt out now.You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Which specific model harmony do you have?Did it work previously with this dtv receiver?Are other devices still responding (tv, dvd, game, media/apps, etc)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the harmony touch N-R0006. Yes it worked before but now it's not.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me specifically what happens? Do you get an error message, or just no response?Does the dtv box still respond to the dtv remote? As an initial step, please remove the battery from the remote for 60+ seconds for a quick reset.If no change, as a next step we'll need to reprogram the remote and/or reload the remote firmware.That is something done through special software on your computer. If you didn't set this up yourself initially or aren't comfortable doing this, I can help you do this via a remote support session.