Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I do not know how to tune in my new TCL TV, model number

Customer Question

Hi, I do not know how to tune in my new TCL TV, model number L32D2700. If I go to the main menu, I can see the different options such as ATV, DTV, SOURCE, SETTINGS. I cannot connect to an outside aerial so I bought a CREST indoor digital TV antenna, which I have plugged in to the aerial out socket in the back of the TV. I cannot see any options for auto tune to commence. All I get on the TV is no signal?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, how far away are the TV broadcasting stations? Would the indoor antenna be able to pull in the signals? Have you tried the antenna closer to the window facing the general direction of the TV broadcasting stations?
Have you tried the "Automatic Channel Setup"?
MENU / Setup / Channel Install / OK / Automatic search / OK / Digital / OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I don't have the option of "Automatic Channel Setup" when I go to the main menu the options I have are, ATV, Multimedia, DTV, Source, EPG, Setting and PVR. if I go to ATV or DTV, all that comes up is the date and under that it says "no information" then under that it says ATV or DTV (depending on if I've chosen ATV, or DTV. The TV broadcasting station is about 15kms away (i think). I have also tried moving the indoor antenna around with no luck. Thanks
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Can you please try the MENU button at the right side panel of the TV itself and post back the displayed selection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have pressed the menu button on the TV and the displayed selection has the options of ATV, Multimedia, DTV, Source, EPG, setting and PVR.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
For some reason it would seem that as if the SOURCE / Input is engaging rather than the MENU.
Would it be the same using the remote's MENU button?
Have you tried pressing the TV button first on the remote and then the MENU button?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just went into the main menu, then selected "setting" and just found how to go to automatic setup. It seems to have tuned in to a couple of channels but signal is a bit poor (ie pixels break up) I suspect that I may have to hook up to the main antenna outside. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately yes; "...signal is a bit poor...ie pixels break up..." would be indicative that the antenna is not efficient enough to pull in strong broadcast signals hence an external antenna would be to your advantage.