Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

Went to turn on my 71 inch dlp Samsung tv and sound came on

Customer Question

went to turn on my 71 inch dlp Samsung tv and sound came on and picture was black in middle and green on outside. now nothing but green and red flashing lights. how do I fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
This is a fairly common problem in these televisions and is usually due to the DLP chip. You can see in example of the problem to which I'm referring to see if it matches with what you are seeing. Here is the link to it
http://bitli.es/JNOtzQ
If that does match what you're saying, then the repair is in the rest of that video. If it doesn't, then if you could reply and let me know that and also send a picture of the screen if you have one by attaching it to the message here with the paperclip icon or by putting it somewhere that I can view it and provide a link to it.
I'm just checking in with you to see how you made out with your TV. Do you need any additional help? If you do, please let me know. I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you. Mike