Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a LG 55LW5600 bought in 2011. Now when I turn it ON

Customer Question

I have a LG 55LW5600 bought in 2011. Now when I turn it ON the indicator flashes twice Red and then OFF. No Picture, just a clicking sound from PS
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Was there any storm in area that might caused this problem in TV?
- Any prior issue in TV before this problem occurred?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid,
No Storms or issues before this happened.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
It seems main processor chip on main board failure which isn't booting up properly so TV doesn't power up, click sound from power board comes due to power up command that is being sent from main board when it tries to boot up, fails and tries again and this keeps going on.
Replacement of main board in TV will help to resolve the problem, please check with following board supplier to get identical replacement board as currently they have it out of stock..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/lg/55lw5600-ua
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.