Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I have a Vizio 60 inch that I bought about a year and a half

Customer Question

I have a Vizio 60 inch that I bought about a year and a half ago. Just recently after the tv has been on for an hour or so the screen has a pencil thin black line that runs from one side of the tv to the other.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. Is the line horizontal or vertical?
3. If you bring up the TV MENU with the original tv remote is the menu affected by the line?
** REPLY to continue **
** DO NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the Phone Call & Subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model E601i-A, from what I can tell the line is on top of the menu. The line is horizontal
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Did you purchase any extended warranty or service contract when you got the tv?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. I think so. What is wrong.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
You need to call them and open a service call. Make sure you can show the problem to the tech when he comes and/or get clear pictures to show him.
Your problem is caused by a failing LCD Panel, that is the entire tv screen. There is no fix for this except to replace the entire screen which usually costs more than a new tv. The warranty company will likely just replace the tv.
Sorry for the bad news. At least you are covered!
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Is there something preventing you from clicking the positive rating for the answer I provided you with?