Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a 51 inch 3d plasma smart tv. Sometimes the picture

Customer Question

I have a 51 inch 3d plasma smart tv. Sometimes the picture suddenly becomes larger than the screen. This is temporary, sometimes briefly and sometimes longer. Turning the tv off and then on again always corrects the screen overrun. How do I fix this problem?
Thank you, ***** ***** can shed some light on this.
George Donsberger ***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?What is connected to this tv ?Cable converter box,dvd,games etc. ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
blueray dvd player, router for internet service, that is it.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
No cable box ??You just watch dvd`s on this tv ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
In any case ,when this happens , instead of turning the tv off and on again , if you use the P.SIZE button on the tv`s remote , can you bring the picture back to normal ?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I`m sorry but something came up and i will have to opt out now.You don`t have to do anything , your question will be reposted for other techs. to see and jump in.Just stand by and someone should be with you shortly .PS. Do not reply to this or it will be sent back to me instead of reposted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only watch netflix or dvds. The Psize button does nothing when I have this problem
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. Since this issue keeps occurring and is only corrected for a period by unplugging the set and plugging it back in, the permanent fix is going to be to replace the Mainboard. This is the component that processes the picture size, and the processor can begin to fail- causing the problems you're having. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, then you would purchase the board at the link below (it's a plug and play board), and replace it yourself: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-50-60-PN51E550-PN51E490B4-Main-Board-BN41-01802-BN-9404644-/301683753946?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 Alternatively, if this is not something you're comfortable with, then a shop will typically charge $250 parts and labor to swap the main, and can be located at the link below: www.tvrepairpros.com Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?