Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I replaced a chip to address the white dot problem that I was

Customer Question

I replaced a chip to address the white dot problem that I was having with model WD 65734. Now there are vertical white lines across the face of the entire screen. Now what do I do.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. If you have lines on the screen after replacing the chip, then the first step is to put your old chip back in and see if the lines are still there. If they are not- then you need to send this chip back, and exchange it for another (making sure the part number matches the one on your old chip). If they are still there with the old chip (instead of just the dots you had previously), then you either have a bad connection to the DMD board- or you did something to cause the board to fail. Unplug the set from power, then remove and reconnect all cables to the DMD board, and also check the DVI cable to the Light engine to mae sure it is TIGHT and connected properly. If all these things are checked, and the issue is still there then you will need to replace your DMD (formatter) board in the set which is available for purchase at the link below: http://www.shopjimmy.com/mitsubishi-bk-80l88-21g-formatter-board.htm If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.