Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

No picture or sound.power light and pic flash together 1x and

Customer Question

No picture or sound.power light and pic flash together 1x and then power only 2x.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question I will need the model number please found on the back of the set? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lc46sb54u
OK before I discuss what could be wrong with the set have you tried rebooting that is unplugging from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again?
If not please do that first and let me know if there is any change thank you
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing has changed
OK please now do this
Unplug the tv.
Hold down the ch down and vol up buttons on the tv itself.
While holding them plug it in.
Wait 10 seconds
let go.
Does the set kick off now or is it still the same?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same
OK that procedure has to be done, now the blink code indicates there is aproblem with either the mainb-board OR the power-board in most cases this issue is the main-board do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that
If you are not comfortable with that you will need a tech www.tvrepaipros.com
I am sorry this is not something easier
Let me know
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am NOT very happy with the procedure we went through. Unplugget in a quick fix and if that doesn't work and something more and you can't do it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please send information for the repair
I am not happy going through it either but is HAS to be done to ELIMINATE other things as the cause it HELPS me with diagnosis
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony