Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

We damaged a Panasonic TCP 55GT50 plazma television customer

Customer Question

We damaged a Panasonic TCP 55GT50 plazma television for a customer of ours and would like to purchase another television that would be equivalent in features and size. If there is nothing with the same feature, a recommendation on the closest model if fine but a model with more features is preferred than fewer. Thank you for any recommendations.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you Nathan...do you think you can help with this request?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I would love to tell you that this can be replaced, but sadly it cannot.These panasonic plasmas were some of my favorite tvs, but they stopped making them in 2012.Pansonic does still make very nice LED tvs, but no plasmas. The only plasmas you'll find anymore are from LG, and I'd actually prefer an LG LED over their plasmas.What I'd be looking for to be comparable is at least a 120hz LED.Here is an example of one I'd suggest: http://amzn.to/1KmQxwb
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If you want to really go above and beyond with an upgrade (since plasma is no longer available) you could bump them up to a 4k tv instead of the standard 1080p resolution models (which is what their plasma was), if cost is not a big consideration: http://amzn.to/1RUEbzl
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the cost is not much of a concern, I just want to get something that is equivalent or better. The customer is concerned with the refresh speed and equivalent features. How does the 4k tv compare?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nathan,
Were you able to get a comparison on the features and refresh speed of the models you recommended to the Plazma they had?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, I didn't see your follow up question come through,
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The refresh on a led, whether 1080p or 4k will never be as quick as plasma. Plasmas had a subfield of 600hz, while led typically have 60/120/240.That 4k model is 60 but has a higher effective rate attributed to the higher resolution so it helps to balance it out. There are also a lot of software based motion smoothing algorithms in the led tvs that help to compensate for the lower refresh rate. Here is one with a higher refresh if that is a concern, though that typically is only an issue if they are watching a lot of high speed motion (sports, etc): http://amzn.to/1Kn7Hd4