Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Vizio TV and when I plug in the hdmi cable it works

Customer Question

I have a Vizio TV and when I plug in the hdmi cable it works great for 5 seconds and then a message comes on and the picture goes away .. It says YOUR TV DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS PROGRAMS CONTENT PROTECTION .. This TV worked fine and now it's doin this ?? What do I to remedy this .. I have tried resetting all the factory functions
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question I will need the model number please found on the back of the set and also how old the set is please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Vizio M370NV 3 yrs old
Was the tv working fine with the product you was using and now does not?
Or has this just happened with a new product you have hooked up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was working fine .. We had a big storm that knocked some things out .. The TV won't work correct on any of the hdmi inputs
So this happened after a storm and was working OK with these inputs its just happened out of the blue, how did you reset to factory default please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Went to the help menu and followed the instructions .. Also unplugged it and let sit for 5 minutes
OK seemingly the firmware may have been damaged or a hardware issue may have arose because of the storm if it was working OK with those products, the only option now as you have reset/rebooted is to replace the main-board, there is no firmware for this Do you think you can do the work yourself?basically its a plug in board that needs to be replaced in the set I will provide all the necessary info for that
I have not heard anything from you since my last reply?Let me know pleaseAnthony