Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

When i turned on tv it had repeated bass thumping and no p

Customer Question

when i turned on tv it had repeated bass thumping and no picture?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you.- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?- Does power indicator light on TV turn On or blink?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem just happened last evening. The power light was blinking then the noise started.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.- Any idea about how old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tv is about 7 years old i think and the problem just started last night.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info, phone call request didn't work due to failure of additional $18 charges so we need to discuss the TV issue on this chat thread.This kind of problem occurs due to overload power supply section or short in convergence output chips or horizontal deflection section. There are various output volts that need to be tested/checked with multimeter to find out what supply is missing or getting overload to check related circuit in TV and this kind of work should be done by qualified TV tech because it is very complicated TV and its manual shows it was made on year 1999.If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...http://www.tvrepairpros.com/I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board/parts replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Did you get above reply and need any further assistance?Thanks.