Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I think I may have touched something on the back of my Coby

Customer Question

I think I may have touched something on the back of my Coby 1526 as I now do not get the screen to go on nor any sound. Can this be reset or?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is***** can help you with this problem but first note this please;Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm here
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
ThanksWhat is the tv doing now if anything ?Is there a light or blinking light at the front , clicking sound from inside when you plug in the power cord or try to turn it on ?Did it quit while watching it or simply would not come on today ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tv is doing nothing. No sound or lite. Would not come on.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then ,here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.let me know how that goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did not work. what else can I try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Yes give me a minute please to give you your answer and details
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then as I said , I did not expect much out of it but it had to be tried , this means that something has failed internally and right now then your tv`s power board is definitely the first suspect .This is a 15 " tv and this means that taking it to a shop would be out of the question unless you are ready to shell out some $125 or so .On the other hand if you are handy with a screwdriver then you can buy that board for less than $22 at the link below;http://www.shopjimmy.com/coby/ledtv1526Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourselfIf that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Since you did not repair, I will pay only the $5.
Thanx
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Ok then but I do not handle the money part , use this number http://ww2.justanswer.com/help 1.***-***-****