Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My 42" insignia has had a problem with the sound. Sometimes

Customer Question

my 42" insignia has had a problem with the sound. Sometimes no sound other times intermiten
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is*****'ll be happy to assist you. - Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry it took so long but I could not get behind tv. I hope this is what you needed NS-39D40SNA14
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the trouble and thanks for TV model number.- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to put just all I have is a cable box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, we need to sort out if the sound problem is within TV or cable box is causing it as its the only video source to TV.Lets try to reset both units first, unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes, replug back in, turn them On, give cable box some time to reboot and check if sound stays normal or problem still persist?Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do this but problem is intermitin so it my not work, for instance sound did not come on this morning when tv turned on had to shut tv off several times and also while program on the sound will go in and out at different times on these times if is seconds with off and on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged tv and cable box will wait the time you ask me too and will type what happens
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I understand and these are the cable box internal issue symptoms and most of the time reset/ rebooting (as mentioned in previous reply) resolve the problem, try it and hopefully it will work this time as well.If problem persist then we would need to connect a different video source such as DVD player etc to TV as a test to find out if TV has internal problem or not. If TV found defective then it would be failing sound processor chip mounted on main board and main board will need to be replaced in TV and I'll assist you further where to buy replacement main board if wish to replace it in TV yourself. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Plugged back up and sound did not come on turned off and on again sound came on
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, now we need another video source (such as DVD player etc) to verify the TV as I explained in previous reply and if sound problem persist with other video device then the problem is within TV and main board will need to be replaced.If no problem of sound with other video source then please call your cable service provider and ask them to replace faulty cable box to resolve the issue.I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a dvd will contact cable company but think that this is a tv problem I have a two year warranty will call Best Buy to see to handle this problem
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thats fine as TV is under warranty then it wont cost you any money to get it repaired and if TV is fine then cable company will replace the box at no charge. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions. A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.