Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Ok, so if I go with Amazon fireTV what do I need to order to

Customer Question

Ok, so if I go with Amazon fireTV what do I need to order to get rid of cable. I want to setup 2 tv's in different rooms. From a certain type of antenna I assume to what else?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
What is the model of your 2 tvs?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
If they were made after 2010, we can skip that part. I'm really just looking to verify that they have hdmi ports and a digital tuner, to be able to pick up local channels.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they do. I just ordered 1 Fire TV and 1 Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream Antenna. Do I need 2 Fire boxes if I have 2 Tv's?

Sorry, 1 does. The other is just a display hooked up to cable. Panasonic.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The firetv box will only work on 1 tv at a time, you'd have to move it back and forth between them, it can't be shared between 2 tvs. You really just need any hdtv antenna, then go into the tv setup menus on each, set mode to air (not cable) and run the auto scan / auto program function to pick up the local stations.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That won't work on the Panasonic display that is using cable to work as a TV, Correct? If I hook Fire up to it will it then give me that option ?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The firetv box or stick requires a hdmi port, will only work on 1 tv (for both you'd have to move it back and forth, or buy a 2nd one),and will only give you streaming internet content. It will not provide a live tv feed or local channels.An antenna will provide local channels, provided your tv has a built in digital tuner. Most any tv made after 2009 does, but if you're unsure I can verify that for you with the model number. I'm not quite sure I understand your last question though, can you clarify?