Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Although cc connects other channels I use, I cannot

Customer Question

Although cc connects for all other channels I use, I cannot get cc on TNT, Channel 28 here in Santa Barbara, CA. Guide indicates that for the two shows I watch, cc is connected but NO SHOW!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Can you tell me how you get your tv channels? Is it coming through a cable box, or just basic cable?Does this happen with all shows on channel 28?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is through cable box, and it happens with all shows on 28. I must add that I had no problems with 28 until three weeks ago when a new cable box was installed by Cox. Cox (after an hour on the phone!) claims there is no reason why I should have the problem from their end, that it must be the fault of the TV. New box, no cc, a coincidence? I wonder...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Well I agree with you, for what its worth, this is a cox issue.Can you tell me HOW the cox box is connected to the tv (what type of cord/cable)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I have no idea. Can you clue me in on what to look for type of cord/cable?
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I'm referring to the cord connecting the cable box to the back of the tv. A hdmi cable is a single cord with a wide flat plug. Coax is single cord with a round screw on connector.Component would be red/green/blue, and composite would be red/white/yellow.