Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have 2 Vizio 29" TV's. One I purchased at Sam's that

Customer Question

I have 2 Vizio 29" TV's. One I purchased at Sam's that has an extended warranty, and 1 I purchased at Walmart that now is out of the extended warranty. These sets are identical, and they both have exactly the same problem. The sound will go off while you are watching tv. I turn the set on and off, unplug it from the wall and it will come back on, maybe for an hour or maybe a day or so. I did contact the NEW warranty people, and they told me to try something, but that did not help. I am really tired of these sets, and surprisingly, I have neighbors who have had the same problem. What's the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The problem is likely your cable box/ SAT box- as that's the most common cause of audio dropouts on any set (Samsung, Sharp, etc.)- you name it. Please elaborate how you get signal to each set and we can continue.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
It's doubtful the Mainboards are faulty on both of your TV's at the same time. It's very likely you have the same Cable/SAT provider on both sets however. If you can let me know what you have- and how it's connected (in other words Charter box- HDMI cable, etc.), then we can proceed.