Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have acquired a Haier 32" LED TV with DVD Model LEC32B1380

Customer Question

I have acquired a Haier 32" LED TV with DVD Model LEC32B1380 from a neighbor who moved out of our apartment complex. I have no remote to operate it with at this point in time. Also no power cord came with it....all lost somewhere. I got a power cord from a power supply that powered an AT&T piece of equipment. Once plugged in the DVD was making noise and unable to insert a DVD I disassembled it to release the mechanism, so far OK after I plugged it back in, on the DVD noise anyway. The power light comes on and will change orange to blue but nothing else on the screen. I tried the process of holding the power button on the side panel for about 30 seconds when powering on the set. Nothing else shows on the display. Currently is standing and reassembled. Next recommendation would be...?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. First, what the voltage and amperage rating of the AC adapter you're using? Secondly, does the screen "backlight"- meaning comes on slightly lighter than if the set were off?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The plug is a straight 115 volt plug with the curves in it. I would say 'no' to the second question since I cannot see any backlight at this time, on or off. Is there a menu showing even if the backlight is not lit?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I see two different versions off a power supply for this model number. Yours uses an actual power supply board. Not sure what you mean here: "Is there a menu showing even if the backlight is not lit?" Are you saying you can see the MENU?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
If the backlight is OFF, you would only see shadowy blurred images barely visible with a flashlight.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
The answer to that question is key in knowing what is wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By menu I am referring to selecting inputs from DVD, HDMI, etc. I will need to continue this one-on-one later. I do have some experience with copier/fax/printer equipment and older CRT displays. Need to go to my day job. I will look with the flashlight later.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I mean any of the TV's built in options. Okay, you can reply back at any time when you're available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the unit on its back and the blue/orn light on I cannot see anything using a flashlight. What part of the screen should I be looking in? The DVD chatters most of the time. On then off, like it is trying to access a DVD disk.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page. http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142