Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I Have a TCL L42M61AZ model, when I switch power on the green

Customer Question

I Have a TCL L42M61AZ model, when I switch power on the green light flashes, no sound or picture, any idea Louie?
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, have you tried unplugging the TCL for an extended period of time? ...and then plugging back in using a different outlet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Louie, yes I have tried that, it did not work, I am a trained electronics technician and I have never seen this kind of problem in all my years, thank you for your assistance.
Geoff
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Geoff.Upon just plugging in the TV, is the standby light normal? And the blinking LED indicator only after attempting to turn on? If yes, it would appear to be kicking in auto-protect mode.Can you please post back with clear pictures of the circuit boards?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks mate, I am away now until Monday, will get back to you then, how does the auto protect work?, where are the components for this?
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
The protect circuits monitors the load circuit boards. Depending on the version; the inverter, T-CON and secondary voltages. These sensor then 'inform' the main board of the status of these other boards. The main board then sends a trigger to the power supply to completely turn on (if all is good) or stay only with standby voltage (if any of the sensor fails to send a go-ahead signal). And yes please; post back an update by then or when able.