Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Panasonic TCp50G20. power up, get 4 blink pattern.

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TCp50G20. power up, get 4 blink pattern. Hold power button for 10+ seconds, then it changes to 10 blink pattern. Wondering which board is bad, can't seem to locate any troubleshooting charts or manuals
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question You should be considering the 4 blink pattern initially and be visually checking the power-board for bad capacitors have you done that yet please? Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes,I have visually checked all boards for bad capacitors and I cannot see any that have bulging tops. If there is another visual check, pleas advise.
Can you take a photo of the power-board and upload it here?so I can have a look myself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture of the board
Can you use a meter?you will need to take voltages here on the output of the power-board from start up to shut down Sorry I am in and out on calls so will do my best to get back to you Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No apology needed, I am also quite busy and working through this as a side project. I am competent with a meter, and I have access to a Fluke multimeter that will measure capacitance or a standard. I have already continuity checked any fuses I could find on the boards (I think I found 3 on the power board.) But I have not checked anything else. If you send me a list, I can send back the readings. Thanks
On the power-board when you first switch the set ON there should be a voltages on those 3 plugs in the top left let me know what you read on each pin please Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anthony, I have not had a chance to follow up and make the checks you requested. I am out of town traveling for work, and will likely not be back home until next week (August 9.) Please keep the question open, and I can follow up with you as soon as I get home. THanks, Mike
The Question ALWAYS remains open so just come back when ready most of the time I can get back to you in a few minutes but sometimes im out on calls so will contact you when I see your post
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not reading any voltages top left or top right pins-tried ac an dc on meter to be sure. I get 120Vac at the plug coming into the power board. When i press power button, i hear relat click, then click again a few seconds later. It wont click again unless I un plug the tv and wait a few seconds.
It should be set to DC not AC the meter and the red lead should be on each pin black lead to metal chassis, if you still read no voltages, disconnect the plug then try and read voltages on the power-board socket end of those 3
Let me know if the powersupply voltages then come up
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked every which way I could - attaching picture with labels for clarity. With black lead on chassis, and red lead on the labeled pins, meter set to DC Voltage, I am seeing very little voltage. I assume this means "no voltage", but you can see below:Pin A: 0 V
Pin B: 0.1-0.2V
Pin C: 0.1-0.2V
Pin D: 0.1 0.2V
Pin E: 0 VLet me know if I am checking in the correct spot. Also noted-the power plug at the bottom of the board does have 120VAC coming in.
OK please do the same check with the plug DISCONNECTED I am referring to the three plugs you just took the measurement on take them out then see if anything comes up on the powersupply end pins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, I didn't expect that. Here's what I found with the plugs out, measuring DC voltage from the pins on the power supply. TV plugged into wall, pressed power button:Pin A: 0Vdc
Pin B: Showed null reading (on this meter, it just reads 1 with no decimal or other numbers)
Pin C: shot up to about 16Vdc and then bled off to about 0.2Vdc in about 5-10 seconds
Pin D: 0Vdc
Pin E: Showed null readingRepeated my tests a few times to make sure they were repeatable.
That powerboard simply is not working you will need to replace it, get the part-number from the board and order it from www.shopjimmy.com the partnumber will be on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, if they dont have it google the partnumber.
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony