Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

0v500 tv no pix no sound no error lamp stay on or blink only

Customer Question

0v500 tv no pix no sound no error lamp stay on or blink only the power lamp lights the standby voltages 5v and 3v are present. relay does not click only d905 lights
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. You could approach this case by starting to buy various boards and swap them in... but would go through a lot of expense doing so. Or, if you have a voltage meter and know how to effectively - and, safely, observing standard precautions about dealing with a live TV w/live voltages in it - measure voltage values in an electronic device, then you could start by measuring voltage values from the power supply, and comparing them to values at standard test points, as listed in a service manual or repair manual for this model of TV. - Would you like me to search for a (source for) such a manual? it might cost as much as $20 (or less) but would justify its price for sure. Does the lamp light up, at all? that is an important point. Sometimes this sort of TV will not initialize (and will thus not produce) sound nor picture, until the lamp is confirmed as working... since there is 'no use' in producing a picture otherwise, if the lamp cannot project it, etc.