Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

My UN65H7150 will not turn on. It is only six months old.

Customer Question

My UN65H7150 will not turn on. It is only six months old. What is the problem? It was working yesterday.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are there any signs of life from the tv at all?Solid/flashing power or status light, any clicking sounds, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No signs of life
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, often a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc). That is pretty common this time of year with summer storm season and frequent lightening. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure. This is something that would require repairs to correct; since it is only 6 months old this is best pursued by calling 800-samsung to file a warranty claim. They will send a tech to your home to repair it on site. You should not do anything further at this point, as anything more invasive than the reset process could void your warranty.Best regards,Nathan