Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Well I replaced my power supply board and still no power (green

Customer Question

Well I replaced my power supply board and still no power (green or red lights)
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What was the original symptoms of TV that prompted you to replace power board in TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There was no power at the on off button as well as no standby power
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.
Have you tried to press and hold power button on TV for 10 seconds to see if power light lit or flash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and still no lights no power
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry, there is some problem with phone call service offer on website and we can continue troubleshooting process here.Do you have multimeter and can check volts on power supply board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, please check standby volts output on power supply board while TV power cord is plugged in.If standby volts are available yet no power indicator light turn On then main processor board of TV will be defective and swapping it will help to resolve the problem.Please reply back with the result.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where that located on the power supply board
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How many volts should be there
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
When the TV is plugged in..AC is applied to the power supply board (P) through connector P9. The AC is applied to the standby circuit to produce STB12V and STB5V. The STB12V is only used to turn on a circuit whose function is to allow the output of the STB5V through connector P25.The STB5V passes through the D board via the connectors D25 and D3 and enters the DG, the H, and the PA boards. The STB5V is applied to a 3.3V and a 1.5V regulator circuit to power the Main CPU (IC1103) on the DG board.If STB5V is available at said connectors P25, D25 and D3 then DG board will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You kinda lost me on that! I can find the p25 follow The wire harness up to the board with all the RCA outputs on it where do you want me to test this voltage from
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Sorry about confusion, please remove the back cover of TV to access to boards inside TV, P25 connector is located on Power supply board and check following image for board location in TV..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We need to talk in the phone because we are not getting anywhere. This is the second time I used specifically you for TV repair. And going back and forth is wasting both of our time. As it would be much more efficient if we could just talk on the phone I don't mind paying the money but the back-and-forth is not working for me at this point
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
I wish I could talk on phone as 'offer phone call' service option isn't working due to some problem on website system and I have reported it to Admins of site, not sure how much time it will take to get fixed so let me opt out to open the question for other experts as one might be able to do phone-support to you.Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or you can just call me back when the phone is working. I like working with you like I said I used you back in April.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'm waiting the reply from expert-support for phone call bug/ issue on site and I'll try best to make phone call when the issue resolved.Thanks for liking working with me, I can see your previous question worked together back in April.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How are we making out with the phone system?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have been waiting several days for an answer