Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Looking on getting rid of the black lines across my

Customer Question

looking for help on getting rid of the black lines across my Samsung 50" plasma, model PN50C550G1F. Started with a few and now lots of them. Thanks!
Category: TV
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Do the lines go from left to right - or top to bottom? Next, do you find the lines on the top or bottom or the left or right side respectively ? Examples - See picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lines go completely across the screen, side to side, and mostly in the middle third or 1/2 of the screen. Some are a single line, others are bunched together with my guess being maybe 50 lines or more now.
I've already bought an LED TV as a replacement but really like the picture and features of this TV, so before I shoot it I'd like to consider fixing it. Thanks!
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
All on top or bottom half of screen? Or is it on both top/bottom. It sounds like the "middle third" translates to BOTH.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The middle half of the screen.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
Well, sounds like the Y buffer is bad...or it could be your panel. Buffers are cheap compared to a panel. Those lines, they didn't all appear at the same time I'm assuming, they just appeared and slowly increased their amount over time? If so, that sounds more like a buffer. Panels generally cause all lines to appear at once. Consider that. If you think it slowly appeared over time, then get the Y buffer. If you have the rear cover removed, look at the Y buffer which is located on the extreme left side of the TV panel. There's a number on a sticker on it. Match it to one of these 2 possible buffers available for you TV model number. We want the right part. http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=96&q=PN50C550G1F&tv_models=Samsung+PN50C550G1FXZARemember -- Y Buffer, not the X buffer at the bottom of that page. If you double click the Y Buffer picture, they highlight the number you want to look at found on the board, ok?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks! I'll give it one last try to save this TV.
Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.
There's 2 choices, make sure you match it to your board in your TV. If you double click the picture and follow the directions at that site, you'll find the actual part number on your board highlighted in pink in the picture. You'll have to double click the picture 3 time for that, ok?