Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Philips 46 inch flat screen TV sn: VM1A1127105850

Customer Question

i have a Philips 46 inch flat screen TV sn: VM1A1127105850 (A17Q8UD) Model no.46PFL5706/F7 MFG. July 2011
WE HAD A LIGHTENING STRIKE THAT KNOCKED OUT OUR MAIN POWER BREAKER. WHEN I turned the breaker back on we noticed the television wouldn't turn on< no sound , No screen light. I pulled the back off and checked the FUSE it is OK. I do not see any bad or swollen caps or blown diodes. Ohm testing hem also showed no problem.
I did notice there is a small circuit board at the bottom by the power cord, is it possible that this board that connects to the speakers and the buttons that control ON, OFF and all screen functions could have gone bad?
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note this please;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).
That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?