Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have model number LC-60E77UN. I have had the TV

Customer Question

I have model number LC-60E77UN. I have had the TV for about 5 years. Great tv. I just started having issues with 2 dark vertical lines about 2 inches wide on the screen. They come and go. Any ideas what the problem is? Any simple solutions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. There is only a quick fix for these bars if they are source-related (meaning coming from the cable box, or connecting cable, etc.).
What we really need to know in order to determine this, is this:
Do those lines appear regardless of source (cable box, DVD, etc.)?
When they appear if you pull up the Sharp's Native MENU (using MENU button on the TV itself, or the ORIGINAL Sharp remote), do the lines appear OVER the MENU?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On other devices also with 3 colored lines .A red yellow and green pin line
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
When they appear if you pull up the Sharp's Native MENU (using MENU button on the TV itself, or the ORIGINAL Sharp remote), do the lines appear OVER the MENU?18 Jul 2
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, that is bad news. Since the MENU supersedes all connections and settings, when these lines appear over the MENU, we know with certainty that this is a hardware failure occurring within the TV- that will require service. Those bars are typically caused by either a fault occurring within the power supply board (which is on average a $300 repair), but more common is the actual LCD/LED panel of the set itself failing. This is usually what these lines are caused by, and they usually get worse and worse until they are there permanently. The cost to have the panel replaced is more than that of a new TV I'm afraid- as the LED/LCD panel costs about 80% of the TV when new, and requires completely rebuilding the set. I'm very sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?