Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My name is***** uverse TV service will not work.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
What we need to do, is determine if the issue is the Uverse service, or the TV itself.
Please tell me the following:
1) How long have you owned the TV for?
2) What exactly happens when you press power on the TV? Does the Vizio welcome screen come up?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have owned the tv for approximately 5 years. When I press power on the the TV the Vizio emblem pops up, then goes straight to displaying the AT&T uverse message " AT&T-uverse TV is not available at this time. Please try again later. Restart receiver." This happened about a month ago and after several attempts finally started working. Today I was watching the TV, no problems, turned it off to leave for awhile, returned, then this again.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Okay, this means that the issue is either caused by: 1) A faulty Uverse box which is no longer processing their signal. 2) ATT Uverse themsevles are having a problem in their lines coming to your house. In either case, this is nothing you can fix yourself- it's Uverse's issue, and since they own the equipment, send the signal and charge you for their services monthly- you will need to call the number on your Uverse bill, and have them send a tech out to both check their signal coming into the box, and/or swap the box out as necessary. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
There's nothing else you can do on a user level besides rebooting the box by disconnecting it from power and plugging it back in. That message you're getting on the TV means that Uverse isn't processing a signal- and it's usually caused by a faulty box- nothing you or I could do would change that. So, since ATT owns the equipment- simply have them swap out the box for you. That's the solution to this question.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.