Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I just has a power outage 2 hours, my Pioneer Elite

Customer Question

I just has a power outage for over 2 hours, my Pioneer Elite SC-05 receiver is plugged into a surge protector, when the power came back on there is a light blinking on the front panel, I unplugged the entire surge protector for 15 minutes and then plugged it back in and the same thing is happening and it will not power up..... HELP, this is the second Pioneer product to go belly up on me in 2 months!
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Do you see anything on the display at all, or just that blinking light (is it the mcacc light?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES, the MCACC is the one that is blinking
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for confirming.The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage. This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself. This type of damage is consistent with the effects of a power surge, which can happen even with a surge protector installed. You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally. If no change let me know and I'll advise further on options.Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, will try those options, will take a while though, I have a lot of components connected to it.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
I completely understand, take your time.To be honest though, it is unlikely to help.Logically, if it happened right after the power went out, and nothing else has changed, the chances of a speaker wire randomly coming loose for no reason is pretty unlikely. This is more a process of elimination to confirm a hardware fault before moving on to repair/replacement.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hey there, just checking in to see how you got along with the testing.