john
john, Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech
19190971

How to unlock my toshiba television model 40LV833F?

Customer Question

how to unlock my toshiba television model 40LV833F?
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Using the original remote that came with the TV:
1. press menu
2. press to highlight setup menu
3. press up or down arrow to highlight V-chip control
4. press to go to the PIN code entering screen
5. when the PIN code entry screen is displayed, press RECALL 4 times within 5 seconds - A BLOCKING IS RESET SCREEN WILL APPEAR.
6. use the channel numbers to enter a new pin code
7. press exit to resume viewing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find that V chip that you are talking about..I search everything from set up, preferences, application, picture and sound but not there..
Expert:  john replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I hope I can help you find a solution.please check the following instructions.Please do check the above and put in a reply if you require extra help. If satisfied please provide me a positive rating.happy to assist you,GinishPress the "Menu" button on the remote control, and scroll until you come to the "Preferences" menu. Select "Parental Control and Locks," then press "OK." If your TV does not have a "Preferences" menu, go directly to the "Locks" menu.Enter the four-digit PIN that you selected when you turned the Panel Lock feature on. You may have to scroll up or down to access this area.Press the "Up" or "Down" buttons on the remote until you reach the Panel Lock feature. Move the cursor to select "Off," and press "OK."