Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have 2002 Plazma that I moved upstairs to our master bedroom

Customer Question

I have 2002 Plazma that I moved upstairs to our master bedroom and after hooking up the Comcast Digital Converter I keep getting the no sync response. The TV and unit are on channel 3. I have brought in the TV that used to be hooked up back in and it works fine. Could this be B board problem and could we have caused this by moving it. The TV has been working fine in the den when hooked up to the Comcast cable box. The TV is on TV mode.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
Can you please get me the model number off of the back of the TV?
Also was the TV used with this specific box before it was moved?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
KZ - 42TS1U, I believe it is the 2002 model. No, when it was in the den it was hooked up to the big box from Comcast.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Ah okay this makes sense. How is the small box connected to the TV- is it using a coaxial cable or AV cables? The reason I'm asking, is that using a coaxial cable where AV cables were used previously, requires you to have to program the TV's tuner and run a channel scan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe it is the same type of cable, screw on to the back of the TV with the wire in the middle of the cable. Not sure what an AV cable is
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, does the "...TV that used to be hooked up..." also uses the Comcast Digital Converter or directly to the cable feed?Still, proposed tests:• turn on the TV but not the Comcast Digital Converter and determine if the "...no sync response..." would still be displayed;- if yes, then most likely a Sony TV internal hardware concern;- if no, then it would point to a potential issue with the Comcast Digital Converter;• temporarily disconnect the Comcast Digital Converter and connect the Sony TV directly to the cable feed;• if able, temporarily connect an old VCR to the TV's VHF/UHF input terminal and play a known to be good VHS tape. The idea is to simulate the RF connection of the Comcast Digital Converter using Ch 3:- if it works, then confirms the potential issue with the Comcast Digital Converter;- if not, then it would point to a hardware fault with the Sony TV. Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.