Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Panasonic TH-40AS640A TV. Recently we have problems

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic TH-40AS640A TV. Recently we have problems with deteriorating audio quality while watching free-to-air TV and Bigpond Movies. With the movies picture quality is fine but every 15 minutes or so the sound becomes more static than voice or music making it inaudible, it sounds like its coming from the bottom of a drum and then relayed via a faulty PA system! To fix it rewind the movie for a few seconds then press play to resume, then wait for it to happen in 15 minutes and repeat again and again. With the free-to-air it happens at random times but generally after sunset suggesting a radio signal reception problem, however at the time it occurs the signal strength and quality both show as good (in the green zone). I am beginning to think this is a software or hardware problem with the TV which is only 6 months old. TV Software is up to date at Version 4.110. Any ideas or suggestions for improving the situation? Will attaching a USB drive help? What about a sound bar? Looking for solutions, Arthur in Busselton WA.
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually it is a TH-42AS640S
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. You mentioned rewinding the movie sometimes fixes the problem- which leads me to wonder if you're using some sort of Tuner box between the coaxial cable and the TV?