Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

Tom, I have a Sony TV, it was mounted to my wall and now

Customer Question

Hi Tom, I have a Sony TV, it was mounted to my wall and now I need to put it on my desk top. Where can I find the base with subwoofer?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. Are you looking for the stand?The subwoofer on this tv is built into the rear of the tv, it isn't part of the stand.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I woul like both if possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am looking for the stand
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
The sub should be built into the back of the tv, and I don't believe it is detachable, it's part of the rear casing. As for the stand, Unfortunately, this part is no longer available for purchase. Typically, case parts such as this are not stocked in any quantity, even for current production models. Your tv is a very old mode (11 years old) l, with production discontinued many years ago. For older or discontinued models, it is nearly impossible to find them, and no dealer or part source has them in stock. Even when they can be found, the parts tend to be very expensive (sometimes several hundred $).If you want the factory original base, you can watch for on ebay, craigslist, etc, or check with local tv repair shops who may parting out a defective tv.Other than that, your best option will be a generic/universal base, or to wall mount the tv. Here is an example: Universal TV Stand / Base + Wall Mount (click for link)or http://amzn.to/1DmocOw