Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a smart Sharp TV about 2 years old. The installer threw

Customer Question

I have a smart Sharp TV about 2 years old. The installer threw away the instructions with the box. Today my husband had zoomed the picture and we lost our signal. When I rebooted it I couldn't reduce the picture size as I had always done. So I went into the menu and after trying everything with nothing working I reset it. Kiss of doom. Now I don't have a picture at all. Just black. I thought it went back to factory settings but I can't get anything to work. With no manual, I'm lost. Help!
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble here if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
OK lets start again please unplug the TV and any satellite or cable box you may be using from the wallpower, wait 5 mins then re-plug both back in again,allow upto 5 mins for then to fully reboot and let me know if there is any change
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
OK let me know I will be here
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point the TV is still black and only the yellow light on the Dish box is on. I try red to turn on the box but it shut off again to the yellow light . Maybe it's rebooting but since the TV is black I can't tell. Course it's Friday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meaning you are all that's available to help....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok box is now on but TV black
Yes I do believe you have a problem with the box, if there is no signal the set will be black naturally, the menu coming up on the set indicates the set is good, you will need to get the providers out to replace the box
Let me know if you need more info
You can also prove that by trying a DVD player or similar if you have one its likely that will be good
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
Regards
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't think it's the box because it all worked until I reset the TV, plus I have a dual box and it is working on the other TV. I think the TV needs adjusting. I have turned something off that is supposed to communicate with the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you should have tried more options
I am sorry I beg to differ the menu is coming up that means the set is working its just not receiving a signal from the box, if you try another input this will prove that it IS indeed the box because the TV is then working its just not receiving a signal, the box may be down for that one output, you could I suppose swap the leads around if its a dual box
Anthony
Just to add what can happen is when you sometimes carry out adjustments via the box you can corrupt the box firmware this is resettable normally by unplugging but sometimes it does not reset, now my checks are is the TVs own menu coming up if so the TV is running and working its awaiting a signal, no signal no picture no sound just black (until you bring up menu)now if the BOX menu does not come up its because its not being generated to the TV.
As I indicated you can prove all this by simply trying another input TV receives signal from other input TV works if not let me know but I would be 95% certain another input works
These ARE my options and checks
If you have a dual output box then swapping the leads around at the box will also prove this.
Outside of those above leaves the lead from the box to the TV but I guess you never touched that.
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of course I never tried that. How would I know to try that. I also see you have charged the additional amount of money whether I was satisfied or not. Thus wS a waste of my time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you