Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

We have a Hitachi tv that is about five years old. While watching

Customer Question

We have a Hitachi tv that is about five years old. While watching it today the sound stopped. I have done everything that the troubleshooter says and there is still no sound.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you're having trouble..
If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time
We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound
Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with this post thanks again.
Regards
Anthony
How is this working out please?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now we have no signal, satellite box is on but now I have no signal and no sound.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Signal back,have picture but still no sound.
Did you reboot the TV too?
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean by reboot? I unplugged it and plugged it back in.
Yes that is what I mean
OK do you have another input to try like a DVD player?if so try that and let me know if you have sound
Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already tried that, no sound from tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Headphones don't work either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry you haven't been able to help me. I have a dinner engagement and I have to go.
Aaah OK the TV is faulty if its doing this with another input, its likely the main-board will need to be replaced because all the sound processing is carried out there (assuming you have not switched off the sound in one of the menus)
Do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that
Let me know please
Anthony