Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have an LG tv with built in DVR I am getting repair code

Customer Question

I have an LG tv with built in DVR I am getting repair code 101 can this be fixed can the DVR be replaced or is is the whole mother board thank you the model # ***** *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. In most cases, this is the result of a bad hard drive. There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation1) Unplug the power cord from the tv2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors. If the error persists, complete the hdd initialization. This does format/erase the drive, but we really have no alternative at this point, and the next step would involve repairs (replacing the drive) which would result in a loss anyway. I can advise further on that, if needed. Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,Nathan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you still purchase hard drives for this tv and is the hard drive separate from the mother board or main board
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.
You cannot purchase the exact hard drive any longer, but you should be able to replace it with a generic pc type hard drive.