Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have replaced the capacitors and the TV turns on

Customer Question

I have replaced the capacitors and the TV turns on for about 30 seconds then the red standby/lamp goes than off and the green led light starts flashing and the screen goes blank
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I suspect from the sound of it that there is a voltage that is not properly regulated, or is not properly maintaining itself, in the TV. That is, at any rate, a basic first thing to check for, if you have a voltmeter, and specifications and test points for the TV's power supply, and know how to (safely) make such measurements inside the TV.
There might, however, be other things wrong. At this stage, instead of trying this board and trying that board and going through time and expense, why not get a service manual for this model instead, that would have information for testing whether voltages from the power supply are off spec. or not, and other test procedures to follow also, as well as a list of replacement parts with part numbers, and other valuable information helpful to the repair process.
I can, after a search, report some good news: the service manual for this model is available free at
http://www.epanorama.net/sff/Video/Products/SAMSUNG%20HL67A750.pdf