Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

I have a xvt5535v purchased 10-6-2011 with 2year extended warranty. Lightning struck last

Customer Question

I have a xvt5535v purchased 10-6-2011 with 2year extended warranty. Lightning struck last night and tv has blank screen
however the vizio orang light is on.wher can I get in home repair in th 31634 area?
thanks,
Jonathon
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello ,, thanks for the request. Are you just looking for a shop that will repair this or for an idea of the costs and what is involved ?Right now I can tell you that your tv`s main board is the first suspect and that board costs around $150 to buy so you are looking at possibly $300 to $350 to have this repaired at home normally but now I see that the closest repair shop may be in Jacksonville so this may no be possible after all .This is not all that difficult to repair if you or a friend is handy with a screwdriver .These boards are all screws and plugs , no solder or adjustments .If you wish to go that way instead then let me know and I will help you along.Here is a link where you can see the closest shops to you , click the link below;http://www.tvrepairpros.com/searchResults.php?state=&zip=31634&radius=100 Let me know how you wish to proceed and we`ll take it from there and If that answers your question for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you