Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a brand new Vizio E48-C2 tv. While watching it, the

Customer Question

I have a brand new Vizio E48-C2 tv. While watching it, the screen goes black and the info box appears at the top of screen and then picture comes back on. This does it repeatedly. The tv does not do this every time it is on. I have found that if I unplug the power cord from the directly behind the tv and wait a minute or so and plug back in -- the tv works fine. Any ideas? Thanks, Jenise
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
HelloWelcomeThanks for the Question Have you considered it may be the box for satellite or cable you may be using?you could re-boot the box by unplugging it from wallpower waiting 5 mins then replugging back in again , if you still see this behavour from the set try another input like a DVD player and monitor the set using that just to eliminate the box Let me know how this reboot and test (if necessary)works out Anthony
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand your suggestion, but don't think it's the box due to it being a brand new box from DISH (only had 2 weeks) and why when I disconnect the power from directly behind the tv, the problem is fixed for a while. The tv is a smart tv. But will try your suggestion.
Yes you have to eliminate IT and the lead that goes from the box to the TV so if its HDMI please consider swapping the lead
Another way of eliminating the box is to monitor a DVD player or similar however if its very intermittent that may be a problem.
Most of the time we get issues like this it turns out to be a signal issue generated by the box however let me know your findings before we move on
Anthony