Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a 2006 Pioneer plasma TV. One of the 5 cables from the

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Pioneer plasma TV. One of the 5 cables from the cable box to the back of the of the TV came out. I plugged it back in, but now the picture is too red with a green background. Do I have it in the wrong place?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- There would be three color coded pins, red-green-blue for video signal, please make sure connect the red pin into red jack, green to green and blue to blue to get proper color picture. Are the color coded pins plugged in corresponding color jacks at back of TV?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are 2 black pins one with a red stripe and one with a white stripe. The one with the red stripe is the one that came out, and seems to be causing the problem as I do not have it in the right spot.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.
OK, I wasn't aware of cable color utilized for connection, please check at cable box for all five wires, two for sound and three for video signal. Check which video wire is hooked in what color jack at back of cable box and choose same color jack at back of TV to plug that wire into corresponding color jack, no matter what is color of pin of wire.
Easiest way is to follow green jack of cable box and connect that wire into green jack at back of TV then follow the red jack of cable box and connect it to red jack of TV then follow blue jack of cable box and hook it to blue jack of TV. Target is that green jack of cable box must be connected to green jack of TV, red to red and blue to blue jacks of both units.
Audio jacks would have red-white color so no need to touch them at this point.
Please reply back with the result.