Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

We have a red verticle line on our TV

Customer Question

we have a red verticle line on our TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note this please;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).
That being said , could you please give me the TV's full model number ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ridiculous that I can't even answer that. I have a manual that says "Samsung Series 4 (403), SEries 4 (4003) and Series 5 (5003
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
The actual model number will be on the tv`s back cover but I know now that this is a lcd tv and that's a start although I would need the exact model number in order to be specific
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. With great difficulty, I'm looking at the back of the TV. I see UN40EH500F. Does that give you what you need?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks , that will do it for UN40EH5000FIf to tap or knock on the tv`s frame above that line and towards the center of the upper frame (not on the screen) , does it seem to affect that line ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it does not.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
O.k then you still may have bad contacts on the ribbon cable that links the lcd panel to the t-con board but also very likely that the t-con (lcd controller) board itself is defective.how do you want to proceed from here ?Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We will not be repairing it ourselves. This is the newest Tv we have. I'll check our warranty. We're probably one day over a year.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
There are 3 versions of that board for your tv and the 3 of them can be bought at the link below for $25 if the warranty is expred but there usually is a grace period even if you are slightly over the warranty . Here is that link for the parts for this model ;http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=UN40EH5000FXZA+ If that answers your question for now please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cool. thank you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Much welcome and please do not forget to rate so i can get compensated for my time helping you.