Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

I believe my Sharp 80" 3D tv has been struck by lightning,

Customer Question

I believe my Sharp 80" 3D tv has been struck by lightning, although it was plug into a surge protector. If so is it fixable? I am sick to my stomach....
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the tv?
2. When you plug it in and then try to turn on, does any led come on the front? Is there any relay click?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
4 years, no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a multi-meter and previous experience measuring ohms/voltages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
The centurylink internet moden also shows no lights, it is wireless
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sound system box and the direct tv. box. have lights all plugged in the same surge protector
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.
Does sound like lightning came through possibly the communication lines and/or power lines. You should contact centurylink regarding that device and there isn't going to be any easy reset or fix for the tv, it will need diagnosis, parts, and service. To find a trusted local repair shop in your area enter your ZIP code at the following website:
http://tvrepairpros.com/
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy. Doing that destroys my standing here as a professional and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,