Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV was on Manual Mode and I could not get it to play a DVD

Customer Question

My TV was on Manual Mode and I could not get it to play a DVD from my recorder. While trying to make it work I turned on I turned on FPA, now my TV is off on standby and will not come on. I am not sure if my remote is working either. I use this TV for my great grandson and I need it to come on desperately. Help
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first note this please;
Website charges if you ask for phone call = $18 ADDITIONAL ( not total ).
That being said , could you please reply to me so i know you are there and we can proceed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
proceed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here. What else do I have to do to get a reply from you
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the reply.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Right now at this time are you saying that the tv does not come on or that it is locked ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
locked is what I believe
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
I mean that you can have the FPA lock turned on but the power itself will work (normally)Right now you are saying that it does not even turn on if you press the power button either on the remote or tv itself ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't really want to talk, do you have answer on how to unlock the TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
ok then this is how you normally turn off the FPA ; With the remote , MENU>>> PREFERENCE>>>> PAR. CONTROL >>>> FPA LOCK >>> OFF
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jack are you there?
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
yes look above
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Sorry , I`m not trying to chat you up , I`m just trying to ascertain the situation before I give you an answer and right now I`m asking if the tv comes on at all ???
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO IT DOES NOT, IT IS LOCKED
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
You cannot turn off the FPA if the TV does not come on .The tv is not locked or if it is then it is more than locked now . There are NO functions that can possibly stop the tv from coming on
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Here is something for you to try ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.Although i do not expect much out of this procedure , it has to be done to confirm that this problem can be cleared or not with a reset.If that does not do it then we are looking at internal problems with the tv.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SO YOU ARE TELLING ME, I need a new TV, Thanks for nothing.
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.
Did you try that reset for this 20+ years old tv ?