Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I, Richard Lambert, of Albuquerque NM (87110) have a Sony TV

Customer Question

I, Richard Lambert, of Albuquerque NM (87110) have a Sony TV KLV-S32A10 which i have had since 2005. We had a house guest last evening playing with the Remote Control. She inadvertlantly "pushed some button" and now we have 'Caption Vision' where what is said is displayed in English on the screen. Using the manual, I accessed WEGA GATE, selected SETTINGS, highlighted SETUP which gave me access to a 7 item screen......"Caption Vision" was/is at the top of the list. The problem is that it and "INFO BANNER" are "pale" and cannot be accessed with the up/down arrow buttons. I, therefor, cannot follow the manual and shup OFF the Caption Vision from appearing.
I called your 800 number, was connected to a Phillipino in Manila who could not be undestood and who didnt know any more than I. WHAT DO I DO TO SHUT OFF THE CAPTION VISION?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Sorry you are having trouble, just so you know we are a technical advice for a fee service thank you
Please reset the TV to factory default by doing this
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42994/c/65,66/p/61659,62766,62881/
Copy and paste the above
Let me know if you have any issues after that thank you
A positive rating is appreciated thank you, ***** ***** be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post please pick out a positive rating and click submit or finish thanks again, rating me positively is the only way I receive a proportion of the fee from the site, please note the question will remain open.
If for some reason you do not see the rating bar please let me know and let me know in that case if you are satisfied with my diagnosis or answer.
Regards
Anthony